Monday, April 9, 2007

Linda and the Vineyard Crew in New Orleans































Linda and the rest of the crew from Vinyard recently traveled to New Orleans to take part in the clean up effort that is going on out there. It was a week of hard work but also a week of building relationships and memories that will last a lifetime. Linda came home with a full heart and appreciation of what we all take for granted. As you can see by these few photos, there was a tremendous amout of work to be done and together they completed the gutting of five homes to get them ready for the owners to begin rebuilding.

After over 20 months since hurricane Katrina, there is still a lot of work to be done out there. But like Linda says,"One home at a time". They are planning on going out there again in the coming months to complete a few more homes. I'm so proud of her and the work that her and the gang did out there. Together they brought some needed assistance to a few families that were lost in the storm.

Thank you Linda and the crew for showing us all that people still care enough to work hard for their fellow man. I plan on posting more photos in the weeks to come, so stay tuned for updates.



3 comments:

Tina, Brent and the boys said...

Oh my gosh! You said it was bad there, but the photos are unbelievable! I am so glad that you had the opportunity to do some good! We love you!

The Richardsons said...

I am so glad that you posted some pictures! It is so awesome that you were able to go out there and help those people. What a blessing you must have been. I think you created a monster though, my mom wont stop talking about how she wants to go now too! Love you!

The Serons said...

Linda, we are so proud and envious of your experience in New Orleans. It was truly an act of service and love. But we wouldn't expect anything less coming from you. I reeeeeeeallly want to go. Please let me know when you are going again.
I love you.